Today we look at the top stories for the 2021 season. Play Ball!
- Fuld’s Phillies – Sam Fuld used to man the outfield and now he is THE MAN for the Phillies. The new GM has some weapons in place including star Bryce Harper. But can Fuld take the the team from the City of Brotherly Love and turn it into a Championship team?
- Day 1 for Fried – Max Fried has already been named (and started) Opening Day starter. A rare occurrence for Jewish pitchers. Can Fried become as elite of a pitcher was we all hope? This season will be crucial to Fried’s status among baseball’s best.
- Bregman Bounce Back – Alex Bregman, and many of the Astros top players, struggled in 2020. Bregman is a MVP caliber talent. Can one of the all-time Jewish greats bounce back and make a run at that elusive MVP trophy?
- Braun Gone – Ryan Braun (at the moment of this writing) is leaning towards retirement. Is the all-time Jewish leader in Home Runs calling it quits? What will his legacy be?
- All-The-Way Lavarnway – Team Israel MVP Ryan Lavarnway has not retired. After getting the call-up last year in Miami, Lavarnway got the call from the Indians to give it another shot. He is currently on the 5-man taxi squad which leads us to ask; when will be see him up in the Bigs?
- New Clubs – With Joe Pederson (Cubs) and Kevin Pillar (Mets) now patrolling new outfields, can they match their previous success?
- Kremer Ready – We got a glimpse of the first ever Israeli-born player, Dean Kremer, in the Majors last season. How will Kremer perform now that he is slated into the starting rotation for the Orioles? Can he match Fried’s success?
- Going for Gold – The biggest question of the summer has nothing to do with the Majors. We want to know can Team Israel Baseball bring home the Gold?!?!