On June 5th, my synagogue is hosting Temple of Wrestling: Mitzvah Mayhem. The show will be inside the synagogue (I believe first of its kind). Three Jewish wrestlers will headline the show. The event caught the attention of Jewish wrestlers all over the country. Meet Jaxon Stone. A likely future competitor at Temple of Wrestling. He has the passion for his faith and the squared circle. We wanted to share his story with you.
1) Tell TGR readers about yourself?
My name is Jaxon Stone. I’m a 26 year old INDEPENDENT Professional Wrestler. Currently living in Philadelphia but I am moving to Dallas in June. I played D1 baseball and had a small stint in professional baseball before leaving the sport to pursue pro wrestling.
2) How did you get started in Professional Wrestling?
Once I stopped playing baseball I began training at a local school outside of Dallas in January 2015 called MPX. My first pro wrestling matching was September 3rd of 2015.
3) Where are you primarily based and where are you wrestling?
Been based in Philly for the last year or so. Moving back to Dallas, Texas in June. But I am wrestling all over the world. From all across the US, to Canada to all over Europe.
4) Best and biggest matches you have had?
My favorite match so far has been against John Morison which took place in Dallas. After that I would say against Buff Bagwell which took place in Germnay.
5) What are your ultimate wrestling goals?
Be considered one of the best to ever do it.
6) What was your Jewish life like growing up? Are you an active MoT?
Jewish life was great for me growing up. I attended Herbrew school and had a Bar Mitzvah.
Jewish faith and customs have always been a large part of my life. I recently went to Israel for 10 days and that was amazing.
7) There seems to be a growth in Indy Jewish wrestlers. Do you think there is a reason for that trend?
I’m not sure. But I’m very happy there is.
8) Have you faced anti-Semitism in the business or at a show?
I have not. But I know of people who have and we must all stand together against anti-Semitism.
9) Where can we find you on social media?
Twitter : @JaxonStone_LCJ
Facebook: Jaxon Stone