Recently, Spike.com ran an article about the top 10 current professional Jewish athletes. I highly disagreed with their assessment. So, I moved around people and shuffled in a few of our own.
10) Jordan Farmar – Backup Point Guard Los Angeles Lakers
9) Marty Turco – Goalie Dallas Stars
8) Sue Bird – Starting Point Guard Seattle Storm
7) Kane – WWE Wrestler
6) Jason Lezak – Olympic Swimmer
5) Ian Kinsler – Starting Second Baseman Texas Rangers
4) Igor Olshansky – Starting Defensive Lineman Dallas Cowboys
3) Kevin Youkilis – Starting First/Third Baseman Boston Red Sox
2) Mike Cammalleri – Starting Left Wing Montreal Canadians
1) Ryan Braun – Starting Left Fielder Milwaukee Brewers
So I decided to give you my own list. I based my decision on how much these players have excelled in their respective sport. I included Yuri Foreman, Omri Casspi, Andy Ram, and Sacha Cohen. All of whom I thought were more deserving than Igor Olshansky, Jordan Farmar, Kane, and Marty Turco. Players who just missed my cut were Olshansky, Julian Edelman, Scott Feldman, Turco, Shahar Peer, and Farmar. Also, note that players with one Jewish parent count on both lists. Enjoy!
10) Yuri Foreman – World Boxing Association Super welterweight Champion
9) Sasha Cohen – Olympic Gold Medal Skater
8) Jason Lezak – Olympic Gold Medal Swimmer
7) Sue Bird – Starting Guard Seattle Storm
6) Andy Ram – 9th Ranked Doubles Player. 5th Ranked in Team Doubles.
5) Ian Kinsler – Starting Second Baseman Texas Rangers.
4) Omri Casspi – Starting Forward Sacramento Kings
3) Mike Cammalleri – Starting Left Wing Montreal Canadians
2) Ryan Braun – Starting Left Fielder Milwaukee Brewers
1) Kevin Youkilis – Starting First/Third Baseman Boston Red Sox
Let me know what you think.
And Let Us Say…Amen.